Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tyler Perry Is Terrible (and Does Not Know What Type of Movie He Has Just Made)

Why Did I Get Married Too is a horror-thriller where ONE. PERSON. WILL. NOT. MAKE IT:



Why Did I Get Married Too is a romantic comedy set in the Caribbean. It is funny! It is whacky! It is about LIFE. It is a world where The Emotions' "Best of My Love" can play without ironic distance*. It is a world where life lessons are learned while drinking pineappletinis from hollowed out coconuts:



*NB: I couldn't find the TV spot, which is essentially this clip's first 45 seconds of FUN CARIBBEAN HIJINX without the scarier second half. Said TV spot also features The Emotions' "Best of My Love."

Tyle Perry is terrible, this movie looks terrible as a horror-thriller or as a romantic comedy, and it will make enough money for Perry to buy ANOTHER ISLAND. Fair enough. I would probably do the same in Perry's place (I would not do the same in Perry's place).

No comments:

Post a Comment